LTFE works as an incubator for people, knowledge and ideas in the field of telecommunications and related sciences such as multimedia, informatics, computer science and electrical engineering.
We cover several interdiscplinary fields, such as:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Traffic measurements and theory
- Simulation of traffic switching and routing in synthetic and real networks
- Quality of Service (QoS) mechanisms in data, audio and video transfer in both wired and wireless IP networks
- Security mechanisms in IP and mobile systems
- ICT for improving health care and empowering people with disabilities
Development of ICT systems and services includes a broad range of acivities, such as:
- Implementation of key telecommunication technologies: IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, xDSL, DOCSIS, GSM, GPRS, UMTS, LTE, SS7, SIP, SOAP, REST etc.
- Implementation of converged services and multi-access portals based on fixed, mobile, IP and voice platforms
- Use of telecommunications and networking technology in distance learning, health care and rehabilitation
We organize several kinds of ICT trainings:
- Professional trainings for companies and organizations
- Lectures and mentorships within the curriculum for students of electrical engineering, telecommunications and multimedia communications
- Focused workshops and camps for university and high school students