History and Evolution
The Laboratory for Telecommunications was founded in 1946 by prof. Rafael Eržen and is thus the oldest laboratory in the field of telecommunications in Slovenia. In the years between 1965 and 1997, when the head of the laboratory was prof. Beno Pehani, the laboratory started to play an important role in the development of new products and systems for the Slovenian telecommunication industry. The research work and work on projects attracted a lot of students who joined the laboratory as junior researchers, researchers and teaching assistants.
Today, the head of the LTFE team is prof. Janez Bešter. The laboratory plays an important role in education, research and development related to telecommunication systems and services. Activities of the laboratory are connected to many national and international projects and result in successful implementations and publications.